These easy, make-ahead muffins are perfect for those mornings when you wake up a little too late (and have a meeting in, oh, about 20 minutes). Store them in the fridge for on-the-go, protein-packed deliciousness all week long. Just microwave for about 30 seconds to reheat.
Gluten-Free Zucchini-Bacon Egg Muffins
Recipe by: Season Simply
Makes: 12 servings
​Ready in: 50 minutes
Oil or cooking spray
6 slices bacon
1/4 cup milk or water
1 large zucchini, shredded (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Liberally grease a muffin tin with oil or cooking spray.
2. In a small frying pan, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to collect the excess fat and let cool. Chop into small pieces.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs until evenly combined. Add milk and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
4. Add zucchini, cheese (if using), and chopped bacon. Stir to combine.
5. Pour egg mixture into muffin cups almost all the way full. Bake until cooked through and lightly golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.