In this easy breakfast sandwich, fried egg, salami, and cheese meet up in a toasted English muffin.
- Yield: 2 sandwiches
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 English muffins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices Provolone or Jack cheese
- 8 slices salami
- Add oil to skillet on medium high heat and sauté onions for a couple minutes. Turn heat down to medium. Start toasting muffins. Move onions to side of pan and add butter and crack in the eggs. After 2 minutes add a slice of cheese over each egg.
- Cook everything until egg whites have set (about 2 or 3 minutes more).
- When muffins are done spread one side of each with mayo and mustard. With a spatula place eggs onto the muffins and the onions over the eggs.
- Now with the pan empty add the slices of salami to the pan and fry for about 1 minute each side. Place the salami over the onions and your sandwich is done.