Every Monday on our Instagram stories, we share a super-easy, seven-ingredient-or-less recipe. Follow us for a new episode of Monday Munchies each week!
Zucchini is one of those totally underappreciated vegetables. It's not just amazing in stir-fry, but it can also be shredded or spiralized and turned into a million different things.
We're giving the old zuch some extra love with this recipe, which we borrowed and adapted from Just a Taste. They take 20 minutes max to make, and just four cups of zucchini for 14 large fritters. They're a perfect snack to serve at parties, so get cookin'.
Share a photo of your own zucchini fritters on Instagram and tag us @greatist.
Five-Ingredient Zucchini Fritters
Recipe by: Just a Taste
Makes: 14 fritters
Ready in: 25 minutes
4 cups shredded zucchini (about 3 whole zucchinis)
2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/3 cups of sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons olive oil
Greek yogurt, for serving (optional)
1. Using a box grater, grate the zucchinis over a colander. Set the colander over a large bowl and sprinkle with salt, then let it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Use your hands to squeeze out as much zucchini liquid as you can, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the flour, eggs, sliced scallions, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Stir until the mixture is combined.
3. Line a large plate with paper towel and set aside.
4. Add olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, combine 3 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture into a ball and gently place into the pan. Press lightly into a round, flat disc. Add as many as will fit, but make sure to leave two inches of space between each fritter.
5. Cook two to three minutes, then flip once and allow to cook an additional two minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Transfer to the paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle immediately with salt.
7. Repeat the process until there is no zucchini mixture left.
8. Top fritters with Greek yogurt and sliced scallions before serving.