A hearty dressing of mayonnaise, onions, dill pickles, and horseradish dresses red cabbage in this classic coleslaw.
For more, check out Chowhound’s easy red cabbage recipe using bacon.
- Yields: 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 20 mins
- Active: 20 mins
- 1 head shredded red cabbage
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons finely diced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons pickle brine
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the shredded cabbage in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, onion, dill pickle, pickle brine, vinegar, horseradish, sugar, salt, and celery seed. Add black pepper to taste.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage and toss to combine. Cover and let chill.