This simple sauce is fabulous on everything from chicken to sandwiches.
- Yield: 2 1/3 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 45 mins, plus cooling time
- Active: 5 mins 30 Ratings
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until ingredients are completely incorporated. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer until flavors have melded and sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. If not using right away, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.