This recipe is so creamy and full of flavor. Can be made ahead. It calls for dry vermouth, but it can be left out or substituted with rice wine vinegar, or even the seasoned rice wine vinegar. Either way, it’s delicious! This is party sized, but you can re-size it with no problem. Times are approximate, and do include the refrigeration.
- Yield: 15 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 1:15
- Active: 15
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup pesto sauce
- In a food processor, combine the butter, feta cheese, cream cheese, garlic, shallot, vermouth, if using, and white pepper.
- Pulse till smooth.
- Oil a medium bowl, or gelatin mold, and line with plastic wrap for easy removal.
- Layer the dip into the mold as follows:. Sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, pesto, and cheese mixture.
- Pat down into the mold, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Turn the dip out onto a serving plate, and remove the plastic wrap.
- Serve with crackers.