I grew up eating a version of this dip made with only dried dill weed, and though it tasted pretty good, I like the addition of some fresh dill and a little parsley as well. The dip needs to hang out in the fridge for a couple hours for the flavors to blend, so this is an ideal recipe to make ahead for a party. Serve alongside some Long Island Iced Tea for an impressive party spread.
- Yield: 2 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 2 hrs 10 mins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- Crackers, crostini, carrot sticks, celery sticks, or thick-cut potato chips, for serving
- Mix all the measured ingredients together in a medium bowl until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the flavors have mingled and the dip is chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed, then transfer to a serving dish. Serve with crackers, crostini, carrot sticks, celery sticks, or thick-cut potato chips.