Tuna packed in olive oil is the heart of this deli-style tuna sandwich, with mayo, Dijon mustard, chopped cornichons and pepperoncini, and shredded iceberg on white toast.
- Yield: 2 sandwiches
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 1 can tuna in olive oil, not drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 cornichon pickles, chopped
- 6 pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 4 slices of white bread, toasted
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mash up the tuna with the pickles and peppers, then add the mustard and mayo and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide mixture between the two sandwiches and pile the lettuce on top.