Gooey enough to satisfy kids, architectural enough to appeal to adults, this ice-cream-sundae take on classic campfire s’mores is literally over-the-top. Broken-up graham crackers, scoops of ice cream, hot fudge sauce, marshmallow topping, almonds, and a charred marshmallow add up to a tower of indulgence. For a fruity variation on the s’mores sundae theme, check out our Strawberry S’mores Sundaes.
Special equipment: You’ll need a small kitchen blowtorch to scorch the marshmallows.
- Yield: 4 sundaes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 mins
- 8 graham cracker squares
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup marshmallow topping
- 1 cup Basic Whipped Cream
- 4 jumbo marshmallows
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- For each sundae, break 1 graham cracker square into rough pieces and scatter into a serving bowl. Add a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with some of the chocolate sauce and marshmallow topping.
- Layer with another broken graham cracker, a second scoop of ice cream, and some more chocolate sauce and marshmallow topping. Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Set a marshmallow on top and blast it with a kitchen torch until browned and gooey—try to avoid blasting the whipped cream! Garnish with almonds. Repeat to make the rest of the sundaes. Serve immediately.
Photos by Chris Rochelle