2018 marked the first time in 15 years that New York City hosted the Grammys. To celebrate the occasion, Ocean Prime served up special cocktails like this 24K Gimlet, inspired by record and album of the year nominee—and winner—”24K Magic” by Bruno Mars. It’s a pretty classic gimlet with a modern twist (which makes sense, as 24K Magic is also a fresh take on an old-school style), perfect for sipping any time. A healthy dose of cucumber slices are muddled into the bright lime juice and simple syrup until they literally dissolve, so they add a super refreshing, clean character to the aromatic drink. It’s as smooth and enjoyable as the song it’s named for, and they’ll both make you want to dance.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 min
- Active: 5 min
- 1 1/2 ounces Bombay Sapphire gin
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 4 to 5 slices of cucumber
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the cucumber, fresh lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Add three ice cubes and muddle well until the cucumber is dissolved.
- Add a handful of ice to the shaker to fill it halfway.
- Shake gently and strain into glass.