We couldn’t resist trying this simple yet sophisticated baked asparagus “fries” recipe developed by one of our community members, AngelaID. This supereasy, and healthy, take on deep-fried potatoes is a great side or appetizer at any meal. If you can’t find fresh asparagus because it’s not in season, most stores sell frozen asparagus that’s often cut in stems and pieces, which could be good for bite-sized “fries.” Just be careful when dealing with wet ingredients—they’ll cause oil to splatter when added to a hot pan.
This recipe originally appeared in our Crispy Baked Asparagus Fries feature.
- Yield: 5 to 10 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins
- Active: 5 mins
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Dredge the asparagus in the flour.
- Dip the dredged asparagus in the beaten egg.
- Coat the asparagus with a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a wire rack set on a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 7 to 13 minutes. Serve immediately.