Whether you’re using Maryland blue, West Coast Dungeness, or Florida stone in your crab salad, the sweetness of the crabmeat enjoys a little savory embellishment. Get fancy with your salad and go the route of a tuna melt, or take a lighter approach and serve this atop salad greens.
- Yield: About 1 1/2 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1/4 cup homemade or store-bought mayonnaise (see Game Plan note)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade or store-bought hot sauce (see Game Plan note)
Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until combined.