This is a quick and easy dessert that goes great with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. So why is it called a Christopher Columbus Apple Pie? Because it’s flat!
- Yields: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 20 minutes
- Active: 15 minutes
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced thin
- caramel sauce (that is meant to be heated)
- cinnamon flavored granola bar, crumbled
- Spread a layer of caramel sauce on the first tortilla.
- place two layers of apple slices around the tortilla.
- Place the second tortilla on top of apples.
- Spread a thin layer of caramel over top of second tortilla.
- Sprinkle crumbled granola chunks over top of second tortilla.
- Slide the pie onto a grill heated to a medium temperature (400-450F) and close grill lid.
- Check the progress of the pie in 3-4 minutes by lifting the pie with a spatula and checking the darkness of the sear marks.
- Quarter turn pie if the sear marks are dark and well defined- it not wait 2 more minutes
- Checking for crispiness of the pie, remove from grill around 8 minutes or at desired firmness. Allow to cool for 2-3 minites before serving with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.