So I learned this while renting a room in my younger years and it kept because it was easy and taste pretty good. When I do not have time to cook I used this old faithful recipe. A bottle of Marsala goes a long way so I always have it around. Always keep a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup around.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Chicken Breast 2 (Pounded thin is prefered)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (or 2 tablespon of butter or just Olive oil)
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup (no preference in brand, but a good tasting one)
- 1/4 Cup Marsala Wine (more or less depending on taste buds)
- Fresh thinly sliced white or brown mushroom (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Add the butter or Olive oil or both to warming pan
- Salt and pepper the chicken (flatten prefered) and cook in B/O cook and brown than remove–see below if you want to add fresh mushrooms, if not continue.
- add Marsala wine (or more, to your taste) with a wooden spoon scrap up the brown bits (if any) leaving butter/oil in pan. When mixed with oil quickly add the Cream of mushroom soup (direction on can). Heat and serve over chicken or add the chicken to the pan and simmer with chicken in adding in the juices that may have been in plate of cooked chicken.
- MUSHROOMS: if you want to add fresh thin mushroom to give it a more homecooked meal, add in the mushrooms and remove with wilted,remove from pan. Add marsala Wine, the soup then cooked mushroom, heat then add chicken.
- There you have it, “quick” and easy and not bad tasting too.
- On a personal note, I really do not like using cans of stuff except tomatoes etc, but this is quick and easy for days you just do not have the energy.