We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
here is the simple classic fish curry that can be made in less than half hour.It is all time favorite of mine and for my restaurant Road to Mandalay. Now i cook this a client’s home or in my catering company Saffron 59. This can be used for nice large shrimp…..too…
- Yield: 4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15
- 2 lbs cod filet or chilean seabass (halibut)
- 1 inch chunk ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 med. tomatoes, small chunks
- 3 med. onions, minced 5 cloves of garlic, minced 1 1/2 inch of ginger, minced 2 tbsp sweet paprika 1 tsp hot paprika or 2 fresh chile peppers 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup of vegetable or fish stock
- ½ cup cilantro leaves for garnish
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.
- Si-Byan with Fish
- (reserve leaves for garnish)
- 1. In a mixing bowl, marinade the fish with salt, pepper and turmeric for five minutes.
- 2. In a frying pan, heat the oil and mix in the onion till lightly brown and add in ginger, garlic till fragrant. Add in the paprika then immediately the fish and let it seared then stir in tomatoes, liquid stock and cook for five minutes. #
- 3 Lower the heat and add fish sauce, coriander stems and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with steamed jasmine rice.
- Serves 5/6 guests