This is my children’s favorite comfort food. It has a strong vinegar and hot sauce taste. They just love it with a homemade Blue Cheese Dressing or Wishbone Low Fat Blue Cheese dressing. The difference in flavor comes from baking the sauce instead of heating it on the stove. The chicken wings are baked rather than fried to cut down on the grease and spraying the wings with PAM before baking makes it easier to remove the wings from the cookie sheet. For parties, we put the prepared wings in a crock pot and let the juices marry with the chicken.
- Yield: 2lb of Chicken wings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 40 minutes
- Active: 15 minutes
- 2 lbs of chicken wings (skin removed)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of good balsamic vinegar (adjust to your liking)
- 1/4 cup of Tabasco (again adjust to taste )
- PAM or any non stick spray
- Carrots and Celery sticks for garnish
- Homemade Blue Cheese or any blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray cookie sheet generously with PAM.
- Place chicken wings on cookie sheet. Now spray the chicken wings with PAM. Place in oven.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce. In an oven proof pot large enough to hold the chicken wings , place the butter, vinegar and Tabasco on the stove over medium heat. When the butter is melted, put the pot in the oven for a good 25 minutes. Same oven as the chicken.
- When sauce is done, take it out of the oven. At this time adjust to taste—more vinegar or more Tabasco can be added to the sauce. Put the cooked chicken wings in the pot with sauce spooning the sauce on the chicken.
- For dipping sauce, place a cup of blue cheese in a bowl. Combine a Tbsp. of the sauce with the blue cheese.
- Serve the chicken wings with the carrots and celery and dressing.
- Enjoy with a hearty beer!