Every Monday on our Instagram stories, we share a super-easy, seven-ingredient-or-less recipe. Follow us for a new episode of Monday Munchies each week!
One of our all-time fave food bloggers, Katy Allan (she's @savoringtheflavoring on Instagram), shared this incredible freezer fudge recipe with us on Monday Munchies, and we're so glad she did. Katy's browned butter pecan fudge is easy to make—really, the hardest part is waiting for it to chill in the freezer. Once you get a whiff of the browned butter smell, you'll want to drink the stuff immediately.
We love this fudge as an afternoon (or midnight) snack, and since it's full of healthy fats and protein from the pecans and pecan butter, we don't feel that bad about sneaking an extra piece. The whole tin didn't last more than a day in our office freezer, so no promises it lasts you much longer.
Share a photo of your own browned butter pecan freezer fudge on Instagram and tag us @greatist!
1 cup butter
1 cup pecan butter
1 cup cacao butter
6-7 tablespoons honey (or sweetener of choice)
Whole, raw pecans
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Once melted, let butter sit until browned (5-7 mins). Butter should smell nutty and fragrant and be a visibly brownish color.
- Add cacao butter and stir until melted. Add pecan butter and stir until melted. Add honey and stir until melted.
- While mixture liquifies, line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Size doesn't matter, but a smaller pan will make for thicker fudge.
- Pour mixture into lined loaf pan, sprinkle in pecans, then and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from freezer and lift parchment paper out of the pan. Using a large knife, slice fudge into pieces (how large you make 'em is up to you!).