Okay, this is it. This is the easiest recipe for pork chops that has – or will ever – be. I pulled this out of my hat a few nights ago when I had the chops, but nothing new to do with them. Finding no inspiration in the usual places, I made it up as I went along, and turned out the tastiest, moistest, most luscious pork chops known to man. Chew on this:
- Yield: 2 ambrosic servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 minutes
- 2 nice, thick boneless pork chops (3/4 – 1″ thick)
- your favourite BBQ sauce (President’s Choice Smokin’ Stampede Beer and Chipotle, for preference)
- Preheat the broiler. Make ready a cookie sheet and a rack (I borrowed the one from my toaster oven).
- Pat the pork chops with a paper towel to remove some of the surface moisture and to help the sauce stick. Don’t trim any fat! Place the chops on the rack and spread on some BBQ sauce. I put a dollop on top, then smeared it with my finger, making sure to lightly coat the sides as well.
- Shove those chops under the broiler, and show them no mercy for 6.5–7 minutes. When the timer goes off, pull ’em out, flip ’em over, and give ’em another dose of sauce. Pop ’em back in the oven for another 6.5–7 minutes.
- Remove the chops from the oven, place on a plate, and cover with foil to rest for 2 or 3 minutes. Serve, and prepare to know carnivore heaven.