This is a Brazilian dessert and my grandmother’s recipe. This dessert forms two layers leaving a light and creamy top layer and a sweet and dense bottom. My cousin Gina loves this cake. I made it over the weekend and we couldn’t even wait for it to cool.
- Yield: 20-24 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 1.25 hours
- Active: 15 minutes
- 3 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup Yellow corn meal (coarse)
- 1-1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13″×9″×2″ baking pan with butter. Use sugar to coat buttered pan.
- Add milk,eggs, corn meal, sugar, flour, and butter to blender. Mix all ingredients until blended well (about 1 minute). Then add baking powder and grated Parmesan cheese and blend on lowest setting or pulse for a few seconds.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and bake at 350° F for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before serving.