An unexpected twist on the traditional sweet cupcake. Baked together with my family, the most important ingredient being love. A savory sweet salty masterpiece that will make any vegetarian into a bacon lover. The citrus touch in the Blue Moon complements the cheddar and bacon perfectly in this cupcake baked for even the toughest of men.
- Yield: 20-25 cupcakes
- Total: 40 min.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup Blue Moon Beer
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 8 ounce package cream cheese (for frosting)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (for frosting)
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (for frosting)
- 3 1/2-4 cups powdered sugar (to desired consistency)
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon (no bacon bits)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with paper cupcake liners. Combine flours and baking soda in bowl. In a separate bowl mix eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Heat beer and butter over medium high heat in saucepan until just melted. Stir in cheese and remove from heat to whisk in brown sugar. Slowly stir in and add the beer mix into the egg mixture.
- Fold/gently stir in dry mix and fill muffin cups 3/4 full of batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
- For frosting- Allow cream cheese and butter to come to room temperature. Mix together until light and fluffy. Mix in cheese until just combined. Beat in powdered sugar until frosting reaches desired consistency. After frosting cupcakes top with chopped bacon pieces.
- Note: frosting is not supposed to be super thick so don’t worry if yours is on the smoother side. Warning- you will want to eat this frosting by the spoonful! 😉
- Enjoy 🙂