Instead of whisking the ingredients by hand or hauling out the heavy stand mixer, let the blender do all the work in this easy eggnog recipe. Blend eggs, egg yolks, and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved, then add milk, rum, and bourbon. Finish by blending in heavy cream, and then let the eggnog chill in the refrigerator for an hour so the flavors come together. Serve with ice and freshly grated nutmeg on top. Remember to save a glass for Santa to reward him for all his hard work.
Special equipment: Don’t use a commercial-grade blender for this recipe, as the powerful motors in these appliances can heat up the mixture and cook the eggs.
Get more eggnog recipes (including ways to use leftover eggnog), or see our Tom and Jerry drink recipe for a change.
- Yield: 6 drinks
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins, plus at least 1 hr chilling time
- Active: 10 mins
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup aged rum
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Whole nutmeg, for grating
- Place the eggs and egg yolks in a blender and blend on the lowest speed until broken up. With the blender running, slowly add the sugar and blend until completely incorporated and the mixture has lightened in color, about 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour in the milk, rum, and bourbon and continue blending until combined, about 1 minute total. Slowly add the cream and continue blending until frothy and combined, about 1 minute total.
- Refrigerate in the blender pitcher for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Just before serving, briefly blend on low speed to aerate and recombine. Serve over ice, topped with freshly grated nutmeg.