Recipe for Beef Bibimbap. For full recipe with step by step photos visit the downloadable recipe at: http://www.blueapron.com/recipes/beef-bibimbapby Blueapronmeals
- Yields: two and a half servings
- Difficulty: Medium
- Total: 35 minutes
- 3/4 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Carrot
- 3 Ounces Top Round Steak
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 3 Tablespoons Gochujang (Korean Chili Paste)
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- Cook the Rice: In a medium pot, combine the rice, 1 and 1/2 cups of water, and a pinch of salt. Heat to boiling on high then cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook 20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked through. Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Prepare your ingredients: Wash and dry the fresh produce. Peel and mince the garlic. Thinly slice the scallions. Peel and cut the carrot into thin matchsticks. Remove the stems of the shiitakes mushrooms and slice the caps. Roughly chop the Taiwanese bok choy. Find the grain of the steak (the lines of the muscles) and thinly slice the steak across the grain.
- Marinate the beef: In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, sugar, and half the sesame oil. Whisk until the sugar dissolves. Add the beef and toss to coat it in the marinade. Let the beef marinade for at least 5 minutes.
- For further instruction with step by step photos visit the downloadable recipe at: http://www.blueapron.com/recipes/beef-bibimbap