Often used as a cold remedy, a hot toddy is at once delicious and invigorating. This take on the classic receives a boost of flavor from honey liqueur and apple brandy, for a toddy that’s sure to leave everyone warm and a bit toasty.
What to buy: Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur is a German classic. A unique blend of highland honey and fine spirits, it can be found at well-stocked liquor stores or online. If you can’t find it, high-quality clover honey can be substituted. A general apple brandy can also be used in place of the Calvados, but we prefer the full-bodied flavor of Bärenjäger and Calvados.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 ounce Calvados or apple brandy
- 1 ounce Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur or high-quality clover honey
- 4 ounces boiling water
- Dash freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 lemon wedge
- Pour the Calvados and liqueur or honey into a heatproof glass.
- Add the water and nutmeg and stir with a cinnamon stick or barspoon. Float the lemon wedge on top and serve.