There’s a restaurant in Tel Aviv called Dixie, which has been serving some of the best chicken wings in town for years. I decided to go and try to make them myself at home. I could not believe it was so easy! These are the most addictive chicken wings I ever ate.
- Yield: 3-4 portions
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 minutes
- Active: 30 minutes
- 1 kg chicken wings, cleaned, tips cut
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Frying oil
- 100 g of Sriracha hot sauce
- 60 g of sweet chili thai sauce
- 100 g of butter , cut into small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic chopped finely (optional)
- Clean and pat dry your wings and cut any tips. Mix the flour with the black pepper and coat the wings. Deep fry them in hot oil or in a skillet., until golden brown (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- To prepare the sauce, mix the sweet chili sauce and the Sriracha in a small pan. heat until it almost boils. Remove from heat and add in the butter and whisk energetically. The sauce will turn creamy and lighter in color.
- Transfer your chicken wings to a large bowl and pour the hot sauce. Toss until the wings are well coated. Serve warm.
- Optionally, if you want to give it more zing, you can add finely chopped garlic to the sauce, at the same time you mixed the chili and sriracha sauce.
- As a side note, this sauce also works wonderfully with other dishes, like deep fried fish, onion rings or even roasted potatoes.