We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Greatist only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
If your access to hugs is currently limited (hi, physical distancing), a weighted blanket might be the next best thing.
According to science, weighted blankets can help reduce anxiety and relieve symptoms of insomnia in people with major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and ADHD. Sounds dreamy, right?
BlanQuil offers a line of weighted blankets with varying weights and features. We’ll walk you through all the blankets you can choose from and help you decide if BlanQuil’s heavy bedding is right for you.
Quick look: The pros
- All of BlanQuil’s weighted blankets have received positive reviews from users and been rated 4+ stars on the brand’s website.
- You get 60 days to test your new BlanQuil blanket.
- All of BlanQuil’s blankets are machine washable.
- BlanQuil sells weighted blankets designed for different uses, including one for travel, a cooling option, and one that’s kid-friendly.
Quick look: The cons
- Only one of BlanQuil’s blankets is big enough for partners to share. The rest are better suited for one person to snuggle solo.
- Although BlanQuil’s weighted blankets are affordable compared with some others on the market, they all cost more than $120.
- BlanQuil’s products don’t come with a warranty, so you’re out of luck if you have any issues after the 60-day trial period.
1. BlanQuil Basic Weighted Blanket
- Price: $129
- Size: 48 x 74 in.
- Weight: 12 or 15 lbs.
Despite the name, this blanket is no basic B. It’s def a no-frills option — but it’s also the most affordable of BlanQuil’s blankets, so it’s good for folks new to the weighted blanket game.
It comes in the lowest weight option BlanQuil offers, so it’s ideal for people in smaller bodies and first-timers who are a little nervous about feeling weighed down.
Reviewers say this blanket is soft and comfy and gets the job done.
2. BlanQuil Quilted Weighted Blanket with Removable Cover
- Price: $169
- Size: 48 x 74 in.
- Weight: 15, 20, or 25 lbs.
This blanket offers the most versatility of all BlanQuil’s weighted blankets. It comes in seven different colors and three different weight options.
Its removable microplush cover makes for easy washing and drying and acts as an optional layer of warmth that you can remove or add during different seasons.
Reviewers say this blanket helps them sleep more deeply and that they love the color options and soft cover.
3. BlanQuil Chill — Cooling Weighted Blanket with Removable Cover
- Price: $299
- Size: 48 x 74 in.
- Weight: 15 or 20 lbs.
If you’re trying to literally Netflix and chill, this cooling weighted blanket might be your new BFF. The brand says the moisture-wicking cover pulls heat away from your body and feels cool to the touch. Still end up a little sweaty? The cover is also machine washable and dryable, so keeping this blanket fresh is super easy.
Many reviewers confirm that this blanket keeps them cool and improves their sleep. But some reviewers say the cooling cover doesn’t quite do the job.
4. BlanQuil Royale Weighted Comforter
- Price: $399
- Size: 88 x 100 in. (queen), 100 x 100 in. (king)
- Weight: 36 lbs.
This weighted comforter is BlanQuil’s largest blanket, and it’s literally fit for royalty — you can buy it in either queen or king size. Because of the size, you can use the Royale as your primary duvet.
It’s a lot heavier than the brand’s other blankets, so it’s best suited for two people. Reviewers love this blanket and praise its comfort and design. But some say it slides off the edge of the bed and recommend sizing down.
5. BlanQuil Passport Travel Weighted Blanket
- Price: $129
- Size: 36 x 60 in.
- Weight: 10 lbs.
Struggle to snooze 40,000 feet in the air? Meet your new co-pilot.
This travel blanket is designed to provide the benefits of a weighted blanket while still being portable. It comes with a travel duffel bag and has a removable, machine washable cover (see ya, airplane germs!).
Reviewers confirm this blanket is perfect for travel — they especially love it for long flights.
6. BlanQuil Junior Kids Weighted Blanket
- Price: $129
- Size: 36 x 48 in.
- Weight: 7 lbs.
At 7 pounds, this weighted blanket is designed specifically for kiddos. It comes with a travel bag, so you can pack it for longer car rides or trips. It’s also machine washable and dryable, so there’s no need to stress over those totally inevitable messes and spills.
Many reviewers say this blanket works wonders for their kids. Some say it’s a little too small, though. If your little one is over 10 years old, consider the travel weighted blanket instead.
Having a hard time weighing your options? Here’s what to consider to figure out which weighted blanket is right for you:
- Weight. BlanQuil says to choose a weighted blanket that’s 8 to 15 percent of your body weight. Whip out your calculator to get a better idea of what blanket weight would work best for you — and keep in mind that partners sharing can spring for a heavier blanket.
- Size. BlanQuil has options for couples, kids, and travel. Make sure you pay attention to the size of each blanket so you (and anyone you’re sharing with) will be covered.
- Intended use. Take a sec to nail down who’s going to use the blanket and why. If you want one for you and your partner, spring for a larger blanket. If you want a super light one you can take anywhere, try the travel blanket.
- Materials. Get a little sweaty at night? Check out the cooling weighted blanket. Like a super soft, cozy feel? The quilted blanket with a microplush cover is your pal.
- Price. BlanQuil’s blankets aren’t the cheapest. If money is on your mind, the basic and travel options are the cheapest. If you’re looking for something under $100, you’ll have to check out other brands.
BlanQuil has a solid lineup of weighted blankets that reviewers love. With options available for couples, kids, night-sweaters, and jet-setters, it’s a safe bet that one of BlanQuil’s weighted blankets will give you that cozy calmness you’ve been looking for.
They’re a little pricey compared with other blankets you can find on Amazon — but if you’re OK with a little splurge, then what are you weighting for? 😉