We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Advent calendars are as synonymous with the holidays as a cookie exchange — and they’re a super fun way to keep the magic going all December long.
Whatever your festive style — whether you’re a wine-o, a chocolate lover, or a crafty parent — we’ve got a calendar to put a little jingle in your step.
Check out these 37 (yep, *37*) advent calendars that’ll feed your festive fire.
We went all the way to the North Pole to find the most awesome advent calendars 😉. From traditional to over-the-top, there’s something for everyone! More merry news: We also made sure to include lots of options for all budgets.
Advent calendars can be affordable, super expensive, and everything in between. Here’s a guide to help you pick the perfect one:
- $ = under $20
- $$ = $20–$40
- $$$ = $41–$75
- $$$$ = $76–$150
- $$$$$ = over $150
1. Advent calendar that’s just like the one you got as a kid: Vermont Christmas Company Snowman Celebration Chocolate Advent Calendar
Looking to relive the nostalgic Decembers of your youth, when every day after dinner (or before breakfast — no judgment), you’d punch open a cardboard window and gobble up a piece of chocolate? Here’s a cheap, tasty trip down memory lane.
2. Musical advent calendar: Uncommon Goods Holiday Favorites Advent Calendar Playlist
Here’s an advent calendar that’ll spruce up your holiday playlist with some fresh tuneage. Scratch off each day to reveal a QR code that’ll take you to a new cover of a holiday classic like “Silent Night” or “Feliz Navidad.”
3. Advent calendar to support your winter self-care regimen: Lush 12 Days of Christmas
This festive reusable box is packed with seasonal self-care treats like Roasting Chestnuts on an Open Fire Shower Gel, a Winter Garden bath bomb, Golden Pear soap, and a Candy Cane bubble bar.
Treat yourself to 12 days of festive relaxation… or try them all at once for the most epic bath experience of all time.
4. Holiday movie-themed advent calendar: Jakks Holiday Elf Advent Calendar
The best way to spread Christmas cheer is counting down the holiday with Buddy, Jovie, and all their North Pole pals! Each of the 24 windows is filled with a tiny figurine from the movie. Use the pop-up diorama pieces to create an “Elf”-inspired scene (while you watch the movie, obv).
5. Super fancy chocolate advent calendar: Charbonel et Walker Chocolate and Truffles Advent Calendar
This fancy calendar from swanky British chocolatier Charbonel et Walker is filled with confections, each packed in its own gold box. With a classy look that’s straight out of a Wes Anderson movie, this is pretty much the definition of treat yo’self.
6. Advent calendar for art lovers: yellowpapers Advent Calendar Painting Gallery
Behind every day’s door hides a famous work of art. Guessing them all will remind you what a great job you did in art history! Or it’ll serve as an art crash course if you skipped this class in high school. Either way, it’s fun.
FYI: It ships all the way from Germany, so you’ll want to order ASAP.
7. Most magical advent calendar: Meri Meri Unicorn Stamp Advent Calendar Set
It’s supposedly for kids, but whatever. What adult wouldn’t be excited about having a new unicorn-themed stamp to open every day for 25 days straight plus three colorful inkpads, all in a pretty silver box?
8. Advent calendar for puzzle people: New York Puzzle Company City Advent Calendar
OK, it’s technically a jigsaw puzzle designed to look like an advent calendar. So instead of opening a little window, you can divvy up the pieces over the month and tackle a handful every day — maybe with a mug of hot cocoa while you’re cozied up in front of the Yule log.
9. Advent calendar to help keep your spirits up during the weirdest Christmas season ever: Mantel Positivity Advent Calendar
If Christmas cheer feels a little tougher to muster this year, this calendar can help you get into the holiday spirit. It has 24 thought prompts focused on themes like gratitude, motivation, knowledge, wellness, and kindness.
It ships from England, so order sooner rather than later.
10. Hygge-inspired advent calendar: Modo Creative A Mindful Advent Candle Set
This box comes with 25 handmade beeswax candles, one for lighting each day before Christmas. Each candle lasts for 20 minutes. That’s just enough time to bask in the glow and soak in the season.
This one also ships from England, so again, order early.
11. Advent calendar that can double as your Christmas tree: Rifle Paper Co. Advent Calendar
Even though it’s not an actual tree, it’s total “O Tannenbaum” vibes. And unlike with a real tree, you don’t have to worry about water levels or needle shedding or your cat/dog/toddler knocking the whole thing over.
12. Heirloom-level advent calendar: Orvis Animated Advent Village
Maybe you’re looking for an advent calendar you can pull out year after year. That way you can fill it with your own special treats for generations to come. If so, this animated light-up advent village fits the bill.
13. Beer lover’s advent calendar: City Brew Tours 12 Beers of Christmas Craft Beer Box
Self-explanatory but still awesome. This curated collection of 12 craft beers comes from breweries all across the country. From Belgian stouts to American IPAs, it has something for everyone.
Bonus: You can tune in to City Brew Tours’ livestream during the actual 12 days to hear beer experts talk about each beer. 🍻
14. Boozy advent calendar: Flaviar Whiskies of the World Advent Calendar
Christmas time is definitely brown spirit season. This box serves up 24 shot-size samples of premium whiskies from all around the globe. It even comes with a glass!
15. Advent calendar to keep your brain busy: Coogam Metal Wire Puzzle Toys Advent Calendar
If you need a distraction from your fam (or from the fact that you can’t be with them this year), these daily brain teasers can help get your mind off things for a few minutes. (Or maybe longer — some of them are hard!)
16. Advent calendar for toddlers and preschoolers: B bangcool DIY Felt Christmas Tree
It’s not technically an advent calendar, but we guarantee the 2-year-old in your life won’t care. Hang the felt tree on the wall and let them decorate! They can add a new felt ornament each day until Christmas.
You can also give them the entire set at once while you work on the actual tree. It’s just as much fun!
17. Fill-your-own advent calendar: Target Prize Punch Advent Calendar
Personalized gifts are always the best. Featuring 12 pockets, this festive box is the perfect vessel. Fill each box with your Secret Santa’s favorite candies and treats.
18. Ultrasplurge advent calendar: Jo Malone Advent Calendar
This luxe set serves up 25 tiny-but-totally-indulgent surprises from the high-end perfumer Jo Malone. It includes colognes, soaps, mini candles, and more. And as you’d expect, each one smells incredible.
FYI: This one sells out super fast. So buy it ASAP!
19. Advent calendar that might actually inspire you to send IRL Christmas cards: BIC Advent Calendar
Over the month of December, you’ll get a collection of colorful felt-tipped pens, rich colored pencils, ball pens, and crayons. This calendar also includes glue and stickers, in case the mood to make a “Christmas 2020” scrapbook strikes.
20. Advent calendar for accessorizing year-round: Meri Meri Enamel Pin Advent Calendar
Unlike chocolate, you can enjoy the 12 enamel pins in this cheery advent calendar over and over. A few of the pins are winter-themed, but most (oh hey, lobster and cactus pins) are stylish all year long.
21. Advent calendar that’s fun to do with a kid: Crayola Christmas Countdown Calendar
Each of the 24 numbered doors has a fun holiday craft suitable for kids ages 3 and up. Best of all, there’ll be plenty of leftover crayons, markers, paint, and modeling clay to use after Christmas too.
22. Awesome advent calendar for bakers: Cookie Advent Cookbook
If you’d rather DIY your holiday treats, here’s one for you. Each of the 24 flaps on the front of the book directs you to a fresh holiday recipe. Flip inside the book to find the full deets for making each baked good.
23. Advent calendar for your cat: Purina Fancy Feast Limited Edition Feastivities Advent Calendar
Do you ever worry that your cat doesn’t have much to look forward to aside from watching birds from the window? This variety pack of 24 mouthwatering meals will def ease your guilt… at least until December 26.
24. Throwback advent calendar: Nickelodeon 15 Days of Socks Calendar
Flipping on Nickelodeon to watch back-to-back episodes of “SpongeBob SquarePants,” “The Ren & Stimpy Show,” “Hey Arnold!,” and “CatDog” might not be an option these days. But you can relive all your fave shows with a fresh pair of Nick-themed socks every day for 15 days leading up to Christmas, which is almost as good.
25. Advent calendar with an energy boost, but make it chill: DAVIDsTEA 24 Days of Matcha
There are plenty of tea advent calendars out there, but you won’t find too many devoted to just matcha. This one’s loaded with tasty, surprising powdered green tea blends, like cherry blossom matcha, mango matcha, and yuzu matcha. You also get vegan matcha gummies and matcha honey.
26. Advent calendar for folks who take facial hair seriously: The BeardedManCompany Christmas Beard Oil Advent Calendar
Even if it’s under a mask, the beard still deserves some love. This calendar offers up 24 scented oils to keep it looking and smelling awesome all month long.
27. Advent calendar for people who like to build things: Haynes Retro Radio Advent Calendar
This kit gives you 24 pieces you can put together, day by day, to build a working FM radio. Wowza! Have some AA batteries on hand for when you’re ready to hit the ON button on Christmas morning.
28. White chocolate advent calendar: Hotel Chocolat The Advent Calendar White
This calendar is all about that white chocolate. Throughout December you get to taste 24 creamy, not-too-sweet white treats shaped like penguins, spruce trees, angels, and more.
29. Advent calendar packed with hair accessories: Papersource 12 Days of Scrunchies Advent Calendar
C’mon, you know you want a box filled with 12 new surprise scrunchies — especially colorful ones that are fluffy, velvety, and even mesh.
30. Hanukkah calendar: Sugarfina 8 Nights of Light Advent Calendar
Bust out this baby each night of Hanukkah for a surprise sweet treat like snow jellies, robin’s egg caramels, sugar cookies, blueberry jelly beans, and more.
31. Advent calendar that gives back: Penny Pincher Reverse Advent Calendar
Price: Cost varies, but kindness is worth the price!
Reverse advent calendars are all about giving back and spreading the holiday spirit. This one has a list of 24 nonperishable food items to add to a box over the course of December. Come Christmas Eve, you can donate your filled box to a local food bank or shelter.
32. Advent calendar for the person who’s watched every “Friends” episode 30 times: Friends: The Official Advent Calendar
The one where you get 40 awesome “Friends”-themed keepsakes stuffed into 25 surprise pockets. That’s enough tchotchkes to make your apartment look as quirky as Monica and Rachel’s.
33. Nail polish advent calendar: OPI Nail Lacquer Mini 25 Pack Advent Calendar
Commit to 25 days of color with this nail polish advent calendar — or divvy up the polishes as mini stocking stuffers for your favorite elf friends. Your secret is safe with us.
34. Advent calendar that’s nicer than your current Christmas decor: World Market Wood Nordic Winter LED Light Up Countdown Calendar
Even looking at this elegant calendar will make you feel all warm and fuzzy. Its 24 tiny wood drawers are perfect for filling with trinkets and treats.
35. Advent calendar that’s so kawaii: Hello Kitty Chocolate Advent Calendar
TBH, it’s overpriced and the chocolate probably isn’t the best ever. But the illustrations of HK, Keroppi, My Melody, and Badtz-Maru are too cute to pass up.
36. Advent calendar for lash lovers: Ardell 12 Days of Wispies Advent Calendar
The 12 sets of falsies are a fun way to keep it glam all season long. Even if you’re only getting decked out for a Zoom party.
37. Advent calendar for your sweet pup: Snif-Snax Happy Holiday Advent Calendar Salmon & Sweet Potato Dog Treats
Your pupper definitely won’t mind that all 25 of the treats in this canine-friendly calendar are exactly the same. In fact, by day 3, your furbaby will know what’s good. They’ll come running over as soon as they see the box.
Advent calendars are like holiday music: maybe a little cheesy but also super satisfying. With these 37 picks, there’s something for everyone on Santa’s “nice” list! Ho-ho-ho.