Power Through Tough Workouts
Working out isn’t always easy. But fortunately, there are easier ways to get through a tough workout. Here are some real-world switches that’ll help distract from the burn:
- Switch it up with some circuit training to prevent boredom.
- Go from dreadmill to treadmill by running intervals instead of slow and steady miles.
- Enlist a personal trainer or gym buddy to challenge you to work harder.
- Work on form, especially when running, to get those feet moving with ease.
- Monitor heart rate and pace to serve as a distraction and motivate you to keep going.
The Takeaway: When the going gets tough, switch up the routine. Try these changes to make getting through a workout even easier.
If a cardio workout lasts longer than an hour, it’s best to refuel part of the way through.
“Gym” is derived from the Greek word gymnos, which means “naked.” Ancient athletes practiced in the nude.