Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls
Vegan means healthy, right? This maaay be a stretch, but with an egg-and-butter-less recipe, we could be (easily) convinced to scratch dinner and make a meal out of these instead.
Serves one if you’re AWESOME, serves you and your friends if you have the self-restraint.
Adapted from Peas and Thank You
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup non-dairy margarine (i.e. Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 tablespoons soy milk
What to Do:
- Beat margarine, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Add dry mixture to the mixer bowl a little at a time and mix until dough forms. Add the soy milk if your dough is crumbly.
- Add the chips!
- Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop dough into balls on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Eat for dinner. I’m serious.