GUEST POST: Chris Beardsley of Strength and Conditioning Research brings us the latest in exercise science, including a new look at Tabata training and whether core-specific exercises really benefit athletes.
Announcing Greatist Ambassadors — Apply Today and Do Good!
greatist. noun. [gray-tist]
a person who makes healthier choices
Greatist Ambassador. super noun. [gray-tist- am-bass-a-door]
a person who makes healthier choices and inspires others to do the same
Why Should I Become A Greatist Ambassador?
At Greatist, we’re all about inspiring people to make healthier choices — whether that’s going for a morning run, choosing a side salad over French fries, or simply smiling more often. We hope making these better choices also motivates people to spread the message, helping others make changes of their own, leading to healthier, happier lives all around.
By becoming a Greatist Ambassador, you take on the awesome challenge of not only making better choices for yourself, but promising to empower, inform, and inspire others to become greatists, too. At the same time, we want to reward people who are already inspiring others to be healthier and happier! Together, we can impact and improve people’s lives, one small choice at a time — and that’s pretty kickass.
What fun is coming my way?
- A Greatist grab-bag filled with a Greatist t-shirt or tank (your choice!), stickers, temporary tattoos, and more!
- A bio on Greatist.com (with links to your personal blog and social media channels, if you want them).
- Access to a Greatist Ambassador badge (for use on your blog or website).
- An opportunity to guest-blog on Greatist.com.
- Membership in the Greatist Ambassador community, a tight-knit community of other awesome ambassadors. (And who doesn’t want new friends?!)
- An open invitation to come hang at Greatist HQ if you’re ever in New York City!
What awesome duties will I have?
- Add the #imagreatist hashtag to your Twitter bio.
- Actively engage with Greatist on social media channels, including our weekly #askgreatist chats and sharing healthier choices you’ve made on Twitter using the #imagreatist hashtag.
- Share with your followers via a blog post introducing them to what being a Greatist Ambassador is all about. Include one healthier choice you’re hoping to make and how you’re hoping to inspire others to make healthier choices, too.
- Keep your readers up to date with a monthly blog post about your ongoing journey, what you’ve achieved, or what new goals you’re tackling next!
Sounds awesome! What are your requirements and how do I apply?
We’re looking for people who are determined to help inspire and inform others to make healthier choices and are super excited to take on the challenge! Having an online presence is important, but we’re mostly interested in your passion for spreading Greatist’s mission, and your creative, thoughtful, and fun ways to make that happen!
What We Need from You:
Tell us why you want to be a Greatist Ambassador. How will you inspire people to make healthier choices and spread the greatist love? What have you already done?
Please also include:
- Blog name/url
- Links to Twitter/Facebook/Pinterest/other social media!
Send your application to email@example.com. Space is limited and applications are rolling so get get going! Get creative and fun — we'll even feature some of our top ambassadors on the site!
We look forward to hearing from you and thanks for being a greatist.
-The Greatist Team
Note: Applications are now closed until further notice!
Comments Leave a comment
Is that application suppose to be a link to an actual application?!