Classic French Toast
Here at Greatist, we believe in taking a day off. Instead of our regular programming Saturdays, our writers get a chance to write about living the greatist lifestyle and, basically, whatever they want. This is one of those awesome articles. Enjoy!
When people think of eggs, they're usually thinking about the best way to prepare them. Like Bubba telling Forrest the many ways to prepare shrimp, there's a multitude of ways to prepare eggs. There's scrambled eggs, poached eggs, hard-boiled eggs, and the list goes on. This laundry list may cause a bit of an egg rut. Why not take these eggs and put them toward a sweet breakfast treat with a Greatist recipe for Classic French Toast. Classic French Toast (serves 3, 2 slices each)
1 cup of Milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
6 slices of bread
Maple syrup or honey
- Beat the milk and two eggs together in a large bowl with a whisk
- Add the 2 teaspoons of vanilla and ground cinnamon, as well as the ½ cup of cocoa powder (even Nesquick will do) as you continue to mix
- Pour some olive oil onto a skillet and set for medium heat
- Take the bread and dip it into the mix, coating both sides
- Place the bread on the skillet. Use a spatula to make sure that each side is toasted
- Once both sides are toasted, remove and place on a plate. Continue this process with each slice of bread
- Pour some maple syrup or honey over the slices of bread and enjoy
You May Also Like
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.