Want to run a 5K, but not sure where to start? Here's your go-to guide to run that perfect first race!
Spinach & Israeli Couscous Salad
Simple, hearty, and nutrient-rich, this dish features a savory blend of Israeli style couscous, orzo, baby garbanzo beans, and red quinoa (thanks, Trader Joe’s!). Add in some fresh spinach leaves, and you’ll have one great protein- and iron-packed dish. Served as a vegetarian or vegan entrée or as a no-fuss side, 15 minutes is all it takes to whip up this healthy, satisfying recipe.
Spinach & Israeli Couscous
Photo by Danielle Karagannis
What You’ll Need:
1 ¼ cups Harvest Grains Blend (found at Trader Joe’s)
1 tbsp butter
4 oz. fresh spinach leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
What to Do:
- Bring 1 ¾ cups of water to a boil.
- Add butter and stir in the Harvest Grains Blend.
- Bring the pot back to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and let sit for about 10 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, on a second burner, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Drop in the fresh spinach leaves and sauté until wilted.
- Once spinach and grains are both complete, mix the spinach into the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!