Spinach & Israeli Couscous Salad
Simple, hearty, and nutrient-rich, this dish features a savory blend of Israeli style couscous, orzo, baby garbanzo beans, and red quinoa (thanks, Trader Joe’s!). Add in some fresh spinach leaves, and you’ll have one great protein- and iron-packed dish. Served as a vegetarian or vegan entrée or as a no-fuss side, 15 minutes is all it takes to whip up this healthy, satisfying recipe.
Spinach & Israeli Couscous
Photo by Danielle Karagannis
What You’ll Need:
1 ¼ cups Harvest Grains Blend (found at Trader Joe’s)
1 tbsp butter
4 oz. fresh spinach leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
What to Do:
- Bring 1 ¾ cups of water to a boil.
- Add butter and stir in the Harvest Grains Blend.
- Bring the pot back to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and let sit for about 10 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, on a second burner, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Drop in the fresh spinach leaves and sauté until wilted.
- Once spinach and grains are both complete, mix the spinach into the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.