Recipe: Mummified Pizzas
The mummy look isn’t only for trick or treating. Disguising a mini pizza as a spooky mummy not only looks cool, but it can be an opportunity to masquerade the meal with extra nutrients.
Individual Mummified Pizzas
What You Need:
4 whole-wheat English muffins or pita pockets
1 cup favorite pizza or pasta sauce
8 tablespoons pumpkin puree
4 pieces string cheese or cheese slices
Sliced black olives
Green or red peppers
What To Do:
1. Heat the oven to 350º F (these are also easily microwavable).
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree onto each half of an English muffin, or two tablespoons on each pita, if using. Cover puree with pizza sauce.
2. Set olive slices in place for the eyes and add small slices of red or green pepper for pupils.
3. Lay strips of cheese across the muffin or pizza bread for the mummy’s wrappings.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
5. Serve with a simple green salad for extra veggies!
You May Also Like
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.