Recipe: Brussels Sprouts with Brown Butter and Sage
Brussels sprouts have a notoriously bad wrap as the bad-boys of the Thanksgiving veggie selection. But really, they’re one of the healthiest choices for that dinner spread!
While we know nothing can beat the flavor of some greasy bacon (everyone’s allowed to cheat sometimes), the pairing of sprouts with earthy sage and a little dose of good ol' butter makes for the perfect turkey accompaniment.
Brussels Sprouts with Brown Butter and Sage
What You'll Need:
2 pounds of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
6-8 fresh sage leaves, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
What to Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Toss the halved sprouts with olive oil.
3. Put the Brussels sprouts sliced-side down on a baking sheet, and put in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until soft.
4. While the sprouts are roasting, heat butter in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Cook sage until butter is lightly brown and you start to smell the sage, about 2-3 minutes.
5. When the sprouts are done roasting, remove from oven and pour butter and sage mixture over. Toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.