Recipe: Baked Salmon with Avocado-Dill Yogurt
This recipe and photo were created by contributor Kelli Dunn of The Corner Kitchen. Learn more about Kelli and this recipe by checking out her accompanying post, and check out her Greatist bio on our About Page!
Salmon is a great staple to add to your weeknight dinner rotation, and for good reason — it's low in calories and fat, high in protein, and off the charts with omega-3s. If a grill's not available, baking is a great alternative. Baking the salmon at a high temperature helps to seal in the fish’s natural juices while keeping it tender.
Top your fish with a heaping spoonful of guilt-free, refreshing, and slightly tangy avocado-dill "crema" (that's just a fancy word for sauce). For a lighter version of this delicious, creamy topping, I use Greek yogurt instead of sour or heavy cream.
Recipe: Oven-Baked Salmon with Avocado-Dill Yogurt
What You'll Need:
1 medium avocado, diced (skin and pit removed)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-3 tablespoons water
Fresh ground pepper
4 6-oz salmon fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While the oven heats up, prepare the yogurt sauce. In a food processor or blender, combine the avocado, Greek yogurt, dill, garlic, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, salt, and pepper. Puree the mixture until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add more water one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired consistency. Set aside.
- Place fish, skin side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Season with fillets with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil (about 1 tablespoon total).
- Bake fish (without flipping) until just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes, (depending on thickness). (Note: Thicker, center-cut fillets will take longer, while thinner fillets cut from the tail section will cook faster.)
- Once cooked, remove from oven and plate each fillet. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of the avocado-dill yogurt, and enjoy!
You May Also Like
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.