We've found one of the most enthusiastic, dangerous, ridiculous gym-goers East of Long Island. Check out his insane routine as he uses gym equipment in revolutionary ways.
Poached Egg and Roasted Tomato Open-Face Sandwiches
This recipe and photo were created by contributor Aylin Erman of Glow Kitchen. Learn more about Aylin and this recipe by checking out her accompanying post, and check out her Greatist bio on our About Page!
A gourmet breakfast doesn't have to require a lot of effort. This recipe for poached eggs and roasted tomatoes on an open-faced sandwich gives you no reason to belabor in the kitchen, as there are only a handful ingredients involved, as well as no excuse to not add a bit more class to breakfast and diversify your options. This recipe makes for the perfect breakfast, brunch, snack or late night munch. Enjoy!
Poached Eggs & Roasted Tomato Open-Face Sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until softened and deepened in color.
- Place the arugula on both halves of the bread.
- Now it's time to poach the eggs: Bring a small pot of water to a boil and immediately reduce to a soft boil or simmer. Add the vinegar and delicately crack one egg into the water, let it cook for about 1 minute. Remove with a large, holed spoon. Repeat with the other egg.
- Place each egg as delicately as possible onto the bed of arugula, careful not to crack the yolk.
- Add 1 tomato slice atop each egg, season with salt and pepper, and serve.