This recipe and photo were created by contributor Kelli Dunn of The Corner Kitchen. Learn more about Kelli and this recipe by checking out her accompanying post, and check out her Greatist bio on our About Page!
With back-to-school time in full swing, these lightened up muffins are a great way to get your day started and make a tasty (and healthy) after school snack. This recipe nixes the sugar, instead using honey and peach yogurt to added a subtle sweetness to the muffins. For an extra boost of protein use Greek yogurt.
Recipe: Peach Yogurt Muffins
Makes 12 regular-size muffins
What You'll Need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1 cup low-fat peach yogurt (regular or Greek)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 large peaches, peeled and diced
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place liners in the muffin pan, or grease the pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt,and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, honey, yogurt, eggs, and milk, and stir until fully combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until they're just combined.
- Fold in the peaches.
- Divide batter among baking cups, filling each 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
What's your favorite way to cook with peaches? Share with us in the comments below!