With back-to-school time in full swing, these lightened up muffins are a great way to get your day started and make a tasty (and healthy) after school snack. This recipe nixes the sugar, instead using honey and peach yogurt to added a subtle sweetness to the muffins. For an extra boost of protein use Greek yogurt.
Makes 12 regular-size muffins
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup low-fat peach yogurt (regular or Greek)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large peaches, peeled and diced
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place liners in the muffin pan, or grease the pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt,and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, honey, yogurt, eggs, and milk, and stir until fully combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until they're just combined.
- Fold in the peaches.
- Divide batter among baking cups, filling each 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely.