Wilted Kale with Fried Capers and Feta Cheese
Lightly cooking kale before eating helps break down its rough texture, making it easier to digest (and chew!). Briney capers and tangy feta cheese bring some punchy flavor to this salad bowl, too. Together, the salty toppings balance the earthy flavor of the kale.
Recipe: Wilted Kale with Fried Capers and Feta Cheese
What You'll Need:
2 cups kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon capers, drained from brine
3 ounces feta cheese, pieced
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add kale and salt.
- Cook kale until it reduces in size, its color intensifies, and it is softened (5 to 10 minutes).
- Remove the kale and place on a serving dish. Keep the remaining oil over heat.
- Add the capers to the remaining oil and fry for 30 seconds, or until they begin to pop.
- Scoop the capers out of the pan and place atop the kale.
- Piece the feta cheese over the kale and capers, serve, and enjoy!
What's your favorite way to eat kale? Share with us in the comments below!
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.