This recipe and photo were created by contributor Aylin Erman of Glow Kitchen. Learn more about Aylin and this recipe by checking out her accompanying post, and check out her Greatist bio on our About Page!
When it comes to Sunday brunch, it's helpful to serve a dish that comes together in just a few minutes but can feed a crowd . This healthy breakfast recipe is one of those laid-back dishes that's high in flavor, fill-factor, and nutrition. Plus, it cuts down on clean up: this dish can be served in the pan it's baked in! With this dish, you get your vegetable serving and a dose of protein without a slew of ingredients. What better way to start the week?
Recipe: Brussels Sprout and Egg Scramble
What You'll Need:
2 cups Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the hard stem end of each sprout and rinse them clean.
- In a small bowl, toss the sprouts with olive oil, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a baking dish and roast for approximately 15 minutes, or until browned, but not burnt. Turn off the oven. (Note: You may want to lightly spray the baking dish with olive oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking!)
- Remove the dish from the oven and crack the eggs over the top of the roasted sprouts. Place back in the still-warm oven.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.
- Serve family-style with the baking dish in the center of the table. Top with shredded cheese, and enjoy with a side of nice bread.
What's your favorite egg and vegetable combination? Share with us in the comments below!