Have you resolved to clean up your nutrition this year? If so, this granola serves as an easy way to help you meet that goal. It’s naturally sweetened with banana and a touch of stevia, and tastes delicious in fruit parfaits, as part of homemade trail mix, or eaten all on its own!
Makes about 6 cups
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 packets stevia (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together the first six ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Add all remaining ingredients except for the dried cranberries and stir occasionally over low heat for about two minutes.
- Pour the wet mixture over the ingredients in the dry bowl and stir to combine, trying to coat as many of the oats as possible. Taste and add a little bit more stevia and/or cinnamon to sweeten if desired. (Note: if you're not a fan of stevia, feel free to use brown sugar or agave instead.)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the oat mixture onto the pan, spreading into an even layer. (The thinner the layer, the faster it will cook.)
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a spatula to flip the pieces over, breaking them into smaller clusters.
- Bake for 20 minutes more, remove from the oven, and let cool.The clusters should firm up and become crunchy.
- Transfer the granola back to a bowl and stir in the dried cranberries.
- Store in air-tight containers for up to 4 weeks.