Arugula, Asparagus, and White Bean Salad
As the temperature starts rising, so does the urge to hit the patio, invite some friends over for dinner, and enjoy the gorgeous sunshine. Potluck dinners and patio parties are two of my favorite things about summer, and when there’s delicious, good-for-you food involved, it makes these get-togethers even better. This salad is super easy to make and features plenty of in-season produce, including asparagus and arugula. It’s also vegan and vegetarian-friendly, so everyone at your next potluck can enjoy it!
Recipe: Arugula, Asparagus, and White Bean Salad
Makes 2 large salads
What You’ll Need:
4 cups arugula
1 cup white navy beans, cooked (or canned, rinsed and drained)
10 spears of asparagus (the thicker, the better), bottom ends trimmed off
1/2 cup red onion, very thinly sliced
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 an orange, juiced
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 clove garlic, minced
A few pinches of sea salt and black pepper
What to Do:
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus into long, thin ribbons. This is most easily done if you place the asparagus on a cutting board, holding the stem end with your fingers. Run the peeler down the length of each spear.
- Use the same peeler to cut the carrot into ribbons, twisting as you go to keep the pieces thin.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, beans, asparagus, carrot, and red onion. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing. Drizzle it on top of the salad and toss to coat.
- Divide salad between 2 large bowls and enjoy!
Looking for more dishes to bring to your next potluck event? Try these!
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.