No 4th of July celebration is complete without red, white, and blue. Get a healthy dose of color with our patriotic berry parfait!
19 Cool Ideas for Beating the Summer Heat
Summer is hot. But this one is, like, hot hot. Those kinds of sweltering, mercury-busting July days are fun to spend by the pool or out on the beach but for those of us who can't take a daily dip, it's nice to know that at least someone is cooling off. We searched the web to find 19 pictures of people cooling off. Even if the thermometer is melting, let these pics be a breath of fresh (and cold!) air.
1. Hose OffPhoto by James Nord
2. Grab an Ice PopPhoto: Scorpions and Centaurs
3. Find a Kiddy PoolPhoto: boxercab
4. Run Through a SprinklerPhoto: gfpeck
5. Find a FanPhoto: -Snugg-
6. Chill by the PoolPhoto by Julien Haler
7. Sip From a FountainPhoto by Wayan Vota
8. Find a Cool Spot (If You Can Fit)Photo by Andrew Teman
9. Go to a WaterparkPhoto: Morning Calm News
10. Take a Cold Bath (Wherever You Can)Photo: pmarkham
11. Take an Elephant ShowerPhoto by Vanessa Stephen
12. Nom on Some Ice CreamPhoto: beardenb
13. Check into an Ice HotelPhoto: Melolou
14. Pop a Fire HydrantPhoto: rustytanton
15. Eat Some Delicious Watermelon (but maybe not from this truck)Photo: wsdot
16. Use a Spray Bottle for a Cooling MistPhoto by Jennuine Captures
17. Snack on Some Shaved IcePhoto by Sean Loyless
18. Jump in an Ice BathPhoto: auntjojo
19. Or, Take a Bath Surrounded by IcePhoto: kruemi
How do you stay cool when summer heat hits? Let us know in the comments below.