Welcome to the brand new cycle of GWODs programmed by Chris Freytag! Chris will be bringing you the next three months of workouts, and we're excited to hear what you think. Have any questions or comments? Drop us a line: gwod [at] greatist.com!
This week's workouts are called "50/10 Circuit Workouts," and each is about 30 minutes long:
· Start with 5 minute Dynamic warmup
· Do all 10 exercises for 50 seconds work /followed by 10 seconds rest
· Rest 2 minutes, then repeat
· End with 3 minute cool down
*challenge yourself with the proper dumbbells, go heavier when you can as long as your form doesn't suffer. Modify when needed (i.e. pushups on knees).
**use a stop watch or a timer — Chris' favorite timer is Tabata Pro.
IF YOU WORK OUT 2 DAYS PER WEEK:
IF YOU WORK OUT 3 DAYS PER WEEK:
Start with a 5-minute dynamic warm-up, then:
1. Goblet Squats (Dumbbell)
3. Alternating Front Lunges with Overhead Presses (Dumbbells)
4. Plank (Hold) with feet marches: out, out , in, in
5. Bent Over Double Arm Row (Dumbbell)
6. Jumping Jacks
7. Weighted Crunches- feet up is an option (Dumbbell)
8. Double Heismans (Up and overs)
9. Dips w/ Alternating Leg Lifts
10. Bridge Lift (Hold) - squeeze knees together for more glute and hamstring activation.
If You Work Out 4 Days Per Week:
Cardio work! Perform 50 seconds work of your choice (running, cycling, rowing, etc.) and 10 seconds rest for a total 10 minutes. Rest for 2 minutes and repeat the cycle. Start with a warm up and do a cooldown.