Hey, GWOD-ers! Welcome to the brand new cycle of workouts from Kelvin Gary and Katherine Simmons of Body Space Fitness (BSF).
Body Space Fitness is all about functional training, and this cycle's workouts will mimic movements you have developed since you were young: rolling, kneeling, sitting, crawling, reaching, pulling, pushing, squatting, stepping, walking, running, leaping, etc. These are your fundamental movement patterns, and in this next 12-weeks of training, we'll be looking to reinforce proper execution of these patterns in all planes of motion.
This cycle of workouts also includes a new warm-up. After foam rolling, spend 30 seconds on each movement, and complete the warm-up cycle twice:
Alternating Reverse Lunges
1) Squat to Press — 3 sets of 12
2) Single Leg Deadlift — 3 sets of 12
3) Single Arm Overhead Dumbbell Press — 3 sets of 12
4) Bodyweight Squats — 3 sets of 12
5) Wide-Greip Seated Lat Pulldown — 3 sets of 12
5 sets of 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest row or bike