Trying to limit sodium intake? Read on for our 21 favorite lower-sodium substitutions worth more than their weight in salt.
Greatist Podcast: How to Stay Fit While Traveling
Traveling should be fun, but if you’re a committed gym-goer, it can seem like a major interruption to your healthy lifestyle. In this podcast, you’ll learn about some little known tricks to help you stay fit in the face of long work commutes, flights, car rides, and world adventures from one of the top-ranked personal trainers in the nation, Ben Greenfield. Click below to listen right on our site!
What You'll Learn from This Episode
- 00:00 – Why you sometimes need to use a little willpower when trying to lose weight .
- 2:48 – Why it's so hard to exercise while traveling.
- 3:38 – What you can do ahead of time to make it easier to work out while traveling.
- 4:55 – Why even a little exercise is worth it when you're traveling.
- 6:55 – How to exercise while in the worst situations.
- 11:25 – How to exercise in a hotel with no gym.
- 13:47 – How to enhance your sleep while traveling.
- 16:24 — The one choice Ben made in the last week to become healthier.
Other Listening Options
People On the Show
- Nucleus accumbens response to food cues predicts subsequent snack consumption in women and increased body mass index in those with reduced self-control. Lawrence, N.S., Hinton, E.C., Parkinson, J.A., et al. Schools of Psychology, Cardiff University, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK; Schools of Psychology, University of Exeter. Perry Road, EX4 4QG, UK. Neuroimage, 2012 Jul 6.⤴
Comments Leave a comment
Ben, which power stretching DVD did you use? I'd be interested in checking it out, but you didn't mention a product name.
Dara Torres - "Resistance Stretching" - http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2010/05/episode-93-swimmer-dara-torr...