This tasty, simple, and satisfying meal makes the perfect weeknight dinner for easy entertaining. Along with being a taste-bud pleaser, this blend of shrimp, quinoa, and onions is a great source of high-quality protein and potassium, which is always a plus!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup raw shrimp (fresh or frozen and defrosted)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 2-3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
What to Do:
- Make the sauce: In a medium sized bowl, combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, pepper, garlic, and hot sauce (if using). Stir until well blended and set aside.
- Make quinoa: Combine 1 cup dry quinoa and 1 3/4 cup water in a pot. Bring to boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked and tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, begin cooking the shrimp: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and onions to pan.
- When the shrimp begin to turn pink, add the sauce to the pan and continue to cook, stirring frequently.
- When shrimp is cooked through, add quinoa to the pan, and stir until well combined. Top with a drizzle of soy sauce or a squeeze of lime, and enjoy!