Combined with any veggie blend, quinoa transforms from a bland side dish to the sparkling main event. With this healthy blend of green veggies and protein-packed chick peas, this quinoa dish is a great healthy alternative to overly-starchy sides.
Serves 1 as a meal, 2 as a side
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 a bag of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 onions
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 4 fresh mushrooms
- Dash of desired seasoning (we like a little Sriracha, curry powder, paprika, or oregano)
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil. Then turn to simmer and continue cooking, covered, until water is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes).
- While quinoa is cooking, sauté the spinach, onions, chickpeas, and mushrooms in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil.
- As vegetables are sautéing, add seasoning of choice and mix well.
- When quinoa is cooked, add to the skillet with veggies and stir until well combined.