Fruit-based bread makes for the perfect weekend breakfast. Serve with jam, and you have yourself the most comforting wake-up call imaginable. This vegan banana bread takes out added sugars, eggs, and dairy but still keeps the deliciousness intact.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetend almond, rice, or soy milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas until relatively puréed. Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Fold until combined. Mixture should be thick but still able to be poured.
- Pour into a prepared bread pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.