Beans for dessert seems crazy, but they provide the perfect balance of starchiness, protein, and bulk to replace ingredients such as milk, cream, oil, and eggs. And the bean taste isn't so pronounced that you'll think you are eating bean burrito instead of a sweet—it really tastes like dessert! Feel free to use another flavor of preserves if you prefer.
- Coconut oil, to grease pan
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fruit-sweetened strawberry preserves
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat bottom and edges of 10-inch square baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients until well mixed and smooth. Pour mixture into baking dish and even out the top. (If you're feeling fancy, put 1 to 2 dollops strawberry perserves on top and drag a knife through to create a marbled look.)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until top is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.