Sure, traditional hummus hits the spot, but it's always fun to try something different. The beets in this recipe help fight diseases and add incredible color and flavor. Add the dip to sandwiches in place of go-to condiments, toss in a salad, serve as a beautiful appetizer, or simply dip crackers and veggies.
- 1 can (12-15 ounces) garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup roasted beets, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Put all ingredients (except olive oil), in a food processor, adding salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. With the motor running, drizzle in olive oil and blend until well combined.
- Check for taste and thickness. If you want a smoother texture, add a bit of water. For more flavor, adjust spices.
Note: To roast beets, place on a baking sheet or wrap in aluminum foil and bake in a 400-degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove and once cool, peel off skins and chop.