These bite-size, vegetarian, and gluten-free hors d'oeuvres are overflowing with bright roasted red peppers and nutty quinoa, along with a touch of Parmesan cheese and fresh rosemary. Save some time by making the filling up to two days ahead of time, then pop the mushrooms in the oven about a half hour before your guests arrive. These savory bites are sure to be a hit at any party.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 24 button mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (about 2) diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus additional for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté shallot until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushroom stems, garlic, and rosemary, and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes more, until juices from mushrooms have evaporated.
- Stir in peppers, spinach, and quinoa. Add vinegar and cook until fully absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in Parmesan. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a small spoon to fill mushroom caps with mixture. Arrange on prepared baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes.